Bishopstone Church of England Primary School aims to provide the highest quality education, which enables pupils to develop spiritually, morally, academically, physically, socially and emotionally. In order to maximise individual potential, we aim to provide a stimulating learning environment.
Bishopstone CE provides a primary education for children both in the local community and further afield from Swindon. We believe our unique school community inspires confidence, curiosity and tolerance in an environment that encourages intellectual, moral and spiritual inquisitiveness.
Governors have a core set of legal duties which cover:
- Strategic leadership that sets and champions vision, ethos and strategy
- Accountability that drives up educational standards and financial performance
- Compliance with statutory and contractual requirements
- Evaluation to monitor and improve the quality and impact of governance
- Ensure the Board is consistently people with the right skills, experiences, qualities and capacity
- Review the Board structure showing clearly defined roles and responsibilities
Are you a strategic thinker with excellent communication skills?
Are you a critical listener with the ability to ask effective questions?
Can you effectively analyse data and problem solve?
Do you have experience in HR, finance, accounting or the legal world?
Do your skills include leadership, management, marketing or communications?
Do you have the time and enthusiasm to join our team?
We believe in learning together, diving deep into knowledge, supported by community, faith and family
If you would like the opportunity to use your skills and knowledge to support the continued growth and development of Bishopstone CE please contact the Clerk to the Governors to arrange a time to visit our school and meet with the Head Teacher and the Chair of Governors. We are currently looking for a co-opted and a LA Governor. For more in-depth information around the role and the time required, please look at the Governance handbook which can be found on the NGA website – nga.org.uk
Please click here for Swindon Borough Council privacy notice for recruitment - 2018
LINK TO SAFEGUARDING POLICY- PLEASE CLICK HERE