Please let us know of any questions that you have and we can add these to our FAQ page - if you are thinking about them then I am sure other parents are as well.
Coronavirus - parentmail 10/03/20
We take the health and safety of our children, staff and our school community very seriously, so we will continue to share guidance from Public Health England on steps you should be taking.
The school receives daily updates from the Government and frequent bulletins from Swindon Borough Council, relating directly to school settings. We will share immediately any updates that impact our school.
We have been focusing on hand washing within school, they are being sent at various times throughout the day for additional 'hand washing' as well as extra assemblies on the importance of keeping hands clean.
The advice from the Government remains the same in order to prevent the spread of infection:
- Wash your hands often – with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or an alcohol- based sanitiser if soap and water aren’t available
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- If you feel unwell, stay at home and don’t attend work or school
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in a bin
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces in the home
- If you’re worried about your symptoms, please call NHS 111 – don’t go directly to your GP or other healthcare environment
- If someone that you know is diagnosed then please notify the school immediately
All government updates can be found here - click for link
Travel updates have changed recently, for further information click for link here
The NHS have their own information, please click here for the link
If you have any further concerns then please do not hesitate to speak to me
These set of leaflets are very useful for guidance when looking at the home school link:
End of Key Stage Testing 2020
With the New National Curriculum there have been changes within the assessments for children at the end of Key Stage 1 (year 2) and the end of Key Stage 2 (year 6). Please find below links that will help you understand the sats in both Year 2 and Year 6. If you are unsure about any of these please do not hesitate to come in and speak with the class teacher.
Information for parents from the Standards and Testing Agency - click here
Click here to be taken to the Government website to watch a short four minute video on the end of year 2 - KS1 sats
Click here to be taken to the Government website to watch a short four minute video on the end of year 6 - KS2 sats
English grammar, punctuation and spelling papers 1 and 2
Mathematics papers 1 and 2
Mathematics paper 3