VLE - Virtual Learning Environment
Learning continues well beyond the classroom and to support this we have a Virtual Learning Environment available to all of our pupils, parents, staff and Governors. We call it: The Big Pond - and you are welcome to jump in!
In the Big Pond you can find:
- work that Bishopstone pupils have created (in fact there is no limit to how many files pupils can save - and access from anywhere)
- Communities to support every topic and subject area
- A huge range of links to recommended websites
- Wikis that grow all of the time (a wiki is a place that we can share our knowledge and research)
- Blogs created by pupils to record their learning and their targets
- Email messages from classmates
- Calendars (including a parent calendar with useful school dates)
- Policies and minutes (for Governors)
- Resources and useful materials (for teachers)
- Our newsletters, old and new
- A "Cinema" of our home made films and animations
- ..much more too!