Following the Prime Ministers announcement on 22/02/21 the school will open fully, to our remaining 50% remote learners, on Monday 8th March 2021. We are very excited to have all our wonderful school community back together again.
The school is using 'Teams' to communicate with our remote learners. This will continue until Friday 5th March.
Welcome to Bishopstone CE Primary Schools new website, going live 28/08/20
For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of sound mind.
2 Timothy 1:7
Bishopstone CE Primary is a small, rural school with strong Christian foundations. The school can accept up to 50 children, across two classes. Our school has been at the centre of Bishopstone village for over 180 years, the original building still housing the school. Our school embraces its Christian ethos which in turn allows our children to feel loved and cared for in a highly nurturing environment. We believe that our children grow in all aspects, by delivering a high quality and ever evolving curriculum placing them at the centre of their world of learning. Our curriculum, focuses on the whole child, we value providing additional experiences and life skills that enhances all aspects of their life. The schools direction expands from our Mission Statement.
Our community builds learning, morality and spirituality in an environment that inspires confidence, curiosity and tolerance.
Of huge significance is the community we are centrally located within. The link between school, home and the local parish ensures we learn together, dive deep into knowledge and are supported by community, faith and family.
The education of our children is a partnership between all stakeholders: parents, teachers, governors, all working harmoniously to ensure children at Bishopstone CE are happy, life inspired learners.
- To have leadership embedded in the school is pivotal to our community.
- To enable wisdom, knowledge and skills to be shared, deepening aspects to face an ever changing world.
- To encourage every child to develop curiosity, tolerance, trust and perseverance enabling them to live harmoniously in society.
- To promote considerate and open feedback, allowing all to receive valuable advice and grow (flourish).
- To ensure every child understands the importance of being inclusive, both within the school and the wider community.
- To embed worship as personal and at the heart of our Christian community. We provide a safe place for reflection and prayer to inspire and promote well-being.
- To promote Christian faith and teachings recognising the breadth of religious education being encouraged in home and local parishes.
Our school vision was created by reflecting on all the values that we wish a Bishopstone Year 6 child to leave the school with. Our school values, that deepen the vision with the children are studied termly and consist of:
Generosity, Compassion, Courage, Forgiveness, Friendship, Peace, Thankfulness, Trust, Perseverance, Justice, Service, Truthfulness
Our Value for February/March 2021 is Justice using the text 'The Proudest Blue'
by Ibtihaj Muhammad and S.K. Ali
Please click here for the home/school discussion sheet for you to explore the topic further.