Our Governors (ID 1021)
Sally PocockChair of Governors / Parent Governor
Kate WrightVice Chair / Co-opted governor
Tara ZimmerParent Governor
Joanne MorrisParent Governor
Karen StevensFoundation Governor
Sarah Martyn-FisherCo-opted Governor
The Role of the Governing Body
The role of the Governing Body is to provide confident, strategic leadership and to create robust accountability, oversight and assurance for educational and financial performance.
The Governing Body at Bishopstone is ambitious that all young children are infused with a passion for education and a commitment to continuous school improvement ensuring the best possible outcomes for all.
The Governing Body has 3 core responsibilities:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction.
- Holding leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils and the performance management of the staff.
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure money is well spent.
Effective governance is based on six key features:
- Strategic leadership that sets the vision, ethos and strategy.
- Accountability that drives up the educational standards and financial performance.
- People with the right skills, experience, qualities and capacity.
- Structure that reinforces clearly the defined roles and responsibilities.
- Compliance with statutory and contractual requirements.
- Evaluation to monitor and improve the quality and impact of governance.
The Governing Body at Bishopstone is made up of volunteers with a variety of skills, qualities and experience who make up the committees listed below:
- Full Governing Body
- Finance, Resources and Risk
- Performance and Standards
- Appeals panel
- Pay committee
Please feel free to talk to any of our governors about their roles at Bishopstone. Our Parent Governors, Tara Zimmer and Jo Morris, are very friendly, if you have any questions or concerns they will happily point you in the right direction.