We provide the children with experiences to develop music skills to express and communicate ideas, thoughts, enjoyment and feelings through active involvement in listening, composing and performing.
- To foster children’s understanding and enjoyment of music through an active involvement in listening, composing and performing.
- To develop skills, attitudes and attributes that can support learning in other subject areas and that are needed for life and work such as listening, creativity, intuition, aesthetic sensitivity, perseverance, self-esteem and awareness of others.
- To encourage every child to develop musical skills through which they can express and communicate ideas, thoughts, enjoyment and feelings.
- To encourage children to reflect on various types of music developing their ability to make judgements of musical quality and extending their own personal interests in music.
- To develop their understanding and appreciation of other cultures, traditions and places through the exploration of various styles of music from around the world.