Safeguarding - protect from harm or damage with an appropriate measure
Bishopstone CE Primary School is committed to the promotion of welfare and safeguarding of all children and expects all staff and visitors to share this commitment. Our Safeguarding definition is - to protect from harm or damage with appropriate measure.
Our Designated Safeguarding Lead- Emma Lindsay, Headteacher
Our Deputy Safeguarding Leads- Jill Morris KS2 Teacher, Bethany Pearson EYFS/KS1 Teacher
Our Safeguarding Governor is Rev.d Bill
Our next external safeguarding audits are: December - SBC, Sarah Turner Consultancy tbc - cancelled due to Covid19
Need-to-Know Guides - further information on a range of issues can be accessed through a series of guides:
- Yearly update training on safeguarding and child protection to all staff- including training on Prevent and FGM.
- All staff are required to read and understand Part 1 of Keeping Children Safe in Education
- Support Assistants complete NSPCC online course annually
- All teachers have completed Level 3 Safeguarding
Health and Safety
- Our site and facilities are constantly monitored and maintained to provide a safe and secure environment for all staff, children and visitors.
- We undertake termly fire drills and plan for any possible emergency scenarios, guided by Swindon Borough Council.
- All staff attend a full First Aid training course and work in conjunction with our medical forms; as well as our school Nurse at SBC.
- All staff and visitors on site are expected to sign in using our visitor management system and wear any relevant ID.
- All trips outside of the school are risk assessed and appropriate measures are put in place for the safety of our children.
- Any Health and Safety issues should be reported to Miss Lindsay or the school office immediately.
Useful Contact Numbers
Swindon MASH - Family Contact Point - 01793 466903
The Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) is a team made up of officers from the police and the council who aim to protect vulnerable children and young people.
NSPCC safeguarding helpline- 0808 800 5000
School is a member of the Safer Schools App. This can be downloaded from the Apple/Google store for free and then the school access codes can be used to gain a wealth of online support and information about the digital world around our children. Please see the school office if you have any difficulties logging on.